December 07, 2009

In Too Deep?

Believe it or not, that fine piece of Blue, alien ass is Zoe Saldana

James Cameron's Avatar, in theaters on Dec. 18th, is the most expensive movie ever produced. Some estimates put the figure as high as $400 million once marketing costs are included. So anyway, I've got a bet going on with my roommate that Avatar will ultimately lose money and be a failing endeavor for Fox Studios. Read on to see why I'm sure Avatar won't be the first James Cameron movie that sinks--- this time literally.

Just reading the plot synopsis of Avatar is enough to make me want to scratch my eyeballs out. The plot is extremely far fetched and muddled. While this might appeal to the fantasy-prone minds of the Comic Con crowd, the viability of a Blockbuster movie is one that appeals to all types of people.

Not only does the movie sound confusing, but it's long. Maybe my attention span is bunk, but any movie over 2 hours seems to drag on. Take for instance, The Dark Knight, but that's a whole different post unto itself.

My prediction is this movie will do well the first week with Sci-Fi fans and burnouts who are there for the trippy special effects. Call me cynical, but once the tomatoes start coming back rotten, you can expect this movie to fall flat at the box office.



0 comments: