December 16, 2009



If you haven't Kanye's "See You in My Nightmares" video, directed by Spike Jonze, definitely check it out. It's without a doubt the oddest music video short film I've ever watched, and yes, that is including Busta's "Dangerous". Hit the jump for a little more on the film and why I think 'Ye may have found himself a new hobby...

The entire film has this bad dream-like quality about it, I'm assuming as a reference to a "nightmare". Kanye is in the club being a huge drunk asshole, which is funny considering the VMA incident a couple months back. It struck me that he's kind of making fun of himself, which seems like a very un-Kanye thing to do.

I gotta give it up to 'Ye though, cause the dude can act. I was surprised how well he was able to play the part of the douche bag in the club, then I realized it's probably not that far of a stretch for him. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kanye coming to a theater near you sometime soon.

0 comments: